A Conversation With the Commissioner: A Look Inside Patent Processes at the USPTO
Watch the recording
During this webinar we discussed the patent processes and policies driving the USPTO. The Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners of Patents presentation topics included hot issues affecting the Office, how they ensure quality, patent examination policy, how they are using AI, and much more on patent processes.
We assembled a stellar panel of presenters from the USPTO, including:
- Drew Hirshfeld, Commissioner of Patents, USPTO
- Robert Bahr, Deputy Commissioner of Patents, USPTO
- Robin Evans, Deputy Commissioner of Patents, USPTO
During the webinar, we discussed:
- Hot issues on the Commissioner’s desk
- Information technology at the USPTO
- Quality assurance
- Patent examination policy
- Patent examiner training and performance appraisal plans
- How office actions are selected for compliance review
View the slides
Bring more transparency and predictability to patent processes
Develop successful IP strategies and proficiently manage patent applications throughout the entire prosecution process using data-driven insights and advanced analytics.
PatentAdvisor™ is the market-leading examiner analytics and predictive prosecution platform enabling transparency, certainty, and improved client outcomes. Get behavioral insights to help make effective prosecution decisions, manage stakeholders’ expectations, and support the patent professionals’ transition to a “strategic business partner”.
Improve patent processes with PatentAdvisor:
- Access reliable examiner statistics directly in USPTO’s PAIR and Patent Center with the PatentAdvisor Extension.
- Positively influence the likelihood and the time it takes to get your patent approved with the Tech Center Navigator (formerly PathWays™).
- Monitor your patent application status with LexisNexis® PAIR Watch.