Where is the Automotive Industry Headed – Electric, Hybrid or Hyper Efficient ICEs?
The automotive industry finds itself at the crossroads of the question – ‘Is the future of mobility electric, hybrid, or an improved version of the good old ICE?’ While industry and market hype focuses on the new wave of Electric Vehicles, patent data suggests that R&D activities in Hybrid and ICE propulsion are continuing. Is there enough evidence to suggest a preference among the OEMs toward either of these technologies? Watch this webinar to find out.
Using LexisNexis® PatentSight® we conducted a scientific analyses of global patents that were filed in automotive technologies reveal how the various technologies have evolved over the years, the current status of development and hints towards future trends that could potentially evolve. Apart from an overall technology point of view, it will also be interesting to observe how OEM’s are prepared to forge the future of the industry. In addition to this, the presenters will also assess the progress that OEM’s have made with respect to achieving their emission targets, combining insights from patent analytics with additional data provided by PA Consulting, a technology consulting firm, based in London.
In this on-demand webinar, we discussed:
- The global development of technologies in Electric, Hybrid and ICE propulsion
- How the various OEM’s differ in their approach towards achieving emission targets
- Various R&D and patenting strategies
- Developing trends in the global patent landscape
View the Where is the Automotive Industry Headed slides
Access articles from our e-mobility series:
- e-Mobility – Watch Out Traditional OEM’s!
- e-Mobility – Why is Knowing the Legal Status of Patents Important?
- e-Mobility Technology – Who Owns the Strongest Patent Portfolio?
- e-Mobility Technology – How to Predict the Portfolio of Your Competition
- e-Mobility Technology – Who’s Making It vs. Who’s Buying It?
- e-Mobility Technology – a Final Look at the Top Patent Owners