In this special two-hour on-demand webinar, panelists sought to remove speculation and lift the veil by discussing what is really transpiring within the innovation landscape, using LexisNexis® PatentSight®. They also discussed what universities are doing and how private sector biopharma companies are responding. This tragic pandemic is leading to a flood of new innovation and getting the long term public policy right will matter for the next wave, whether that is a resurgence of COVID-19 or for the next pandemic.
- How university labs working with the private sector on a multitude of COVID-19 cures and treatments.
- What it really takes to develop vaccines, drugs, treatments and whether enough incentive and proper incentive exists long term beyond this acute and rapid response to COVID-19.
- The financial investment required and regulatory hurdles to getting a vaccine to market.
- Why the rigidity of antitrust laws are not adopted to address such close collaborations among competitors, and what companies need to know.
- Why there has been a deemphasis on medical diagnostics research in the United States and what Congress, the courts and the USPTO should do.
View the Innovation in the Age of COVID-19slides
Provide actionable insights to support strategic decision-making
Effectively communicate the value of your IP with powerful insights and visualizations, enabling you to turn your patent department into a strategic consulting unit.
Taking patent analytics out of the ‘black box’
With LexisNexis® Intellectual Property Solutions, you benefit from a highly transparent scientific approach to patent data analysis. Forget opaque algorithms and analytics ‘black boxes’, we can show you exactly how we reached at our insights. Patent analytics solution, PatentSight®, is built on the foundation of ground-breaking validated research, which is often cited in leading scientific publications.
Brought together in the patent value indicator, the Patent Asset Index™, this objective approach to assessing patent quality and benchmarking patent portfolios has become a de facto standard in measuring portfolio strength.
High-quality data: a prerequisite for reliable patent analysis
LexisNexis Intellectual Property Solutions validates and quality-assures patent data by assigning patents to their accurate commercial owners and verifying their legal validity and remaining lifetime.
Superior datasets allow you to unveil valuable patent insights and see clearly who wields commercial power over the inventions that underpin promising patents.