Simplify Your Patent Search
LexisNexis TotalPatent One® patent search gets you quick, precise, and reliable results with full-text documents and high-resolution images from global patent authorities.
Looking for the most comprehensive global patent data?
With more data than any patent search provider, we have you covered.
Quality search is the first step in any business’ patent strategy to stay relevant in a competitive market, avoid financial losses, and accelerate innovation. TotalPatent One® combines high-performance technology with the world’s deepest archives and the largest number of authorities to make your patent search effective and drive confident business outcomes.
Access one of the world’s most complete databases covering patent authorities across the globe.
Quickly find high-resolution patent drawings and images.
Contains four family types: Domestic, Main, Complete and Extended.
Search and filter across a multitude of fields to find what you need.
Terabytes of Patent Data
Includes text, PDF and images, and more than six times the information found on Wikipedia.
Coverage and insights that give your patent searches more confidence
- Search through 155M documents, including 120M that are full-text and in four different languages — English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
- Drag and arrange your search results based on a range of fields like legal status, title, abstract, claim, clipped image and many more.
- Get information on who ultimately owns a patent in corporations, M&As and similarly named companies.
- Review chosen document while keeping results in sight with combined search page and results page display setting.
Data that is refreshed daily to keep you updated
- Exclusive license agreements with global patent offices guarantee most updated patent search results.
- Document Insertion Time (DIT) in search query gives you the latest documents in the patent landscape.
- Set up alerts on a daily, weekly or monthly basis in multiple languages and share them with your team.
Simple and easy to conduct any patent search
- Search by authorities or groups of authorities such as EU, EPC and ASEAN.
- Highlight patent search terms in the Title, Abstract, Claims and Description columns of the results.
- Compare queries from your search history to view overlapping results or combine them to add both queries and view results.
- Choose from category options offered with guided CPC/IPC lookup classifications.
Facilitating patent search for the pharma industry
- Find patents related to a specific product, ingredient or exclusivity code with Orange book and SPC data.
- Find new drug application (NDA) linked patents owned by an assignee for technology or IPC/CPC or treating a disease.
- Create a pharmaceutical report of the Orange Book or SPC information in Excel, CSV, Word or PDF format.
Organize and prioritize your patent search workspace
- Create personalized user folders for specific search result types and analysis (for example, FTO or prior art).
- Review, search, share, and export folders with the option to add annotations to documents within a folder.
- Customize your reports by selecting applicable fields before you export your results.
- Drag and drop to change the order of the fields in the export file.
“I prefer to use TotalPatent One over all other tools.”
“It is very easy to locate existing patents and published patent applications all over the world by a variety of means. “
“Data coverage and speed are excellent. Having multiple windows available to review the search results is also a plus.”
“Total Patent is an extremely useful and well designed tool for any type of patent research. It also allows me to do patent research privately/securely instead of doing this on the Internet which exposes what we are working on.”
Data that gives you smarter insights
Want to see better patent search in action?
Grab the fact sheet
Click below to access and download a PDF to share with team members and decision-makers.
Read about efficient patent searches to get smarter results
International Access: Entry Points for Global Patent Searches
Even though patent records are segregated, you can conduct global patent searches with LexisNexis TotalPatent One®.
Use Modern Patent Search Tools for Better Results
LexisNexis TotalPatent One® patent search tools helps solve the problems presented by old search methods for better results.
Do This, Not That: Tips for More Efficient Patent Searches
As patent search tools evolve, patent professionals must continue to understand the available tools to conduct efficient patent searches.
Upgrade Your Design Patent Searches with LexisNexis TotalPatent One®
Learn how to quickly identify relevant design patent search results and easily share those results with clients and colleagues.