Navigate the World of Standard Essential Patents and Standards’ Contributions
Leverage transparent and accessible data for SEPs, Technical standards, and contribution data analysis to ensure the success of your patent portfolio with LexisNexis® IPlytics.
Overcome complexity in data-led decisions
Standard Essential Patents
Access to ownership information of patents declared to worldwide standards
Explore companies’ technology investments in standards
Gain insights on market disputes on patented technology through litigation cases
Be informed about the accessibility of SEP-protected technology
Determine standard essentiality of declared patents
How top professionals use IPlytics
- Align your standards development, patent prosecution, patent portfolio management, and licensing/monetarization strategy to file valid and essential patents and to commercialize SEPs in worldwide licensing campaigns.
- Value and benchmark your SEP portfolio for cross-license negotiations and monitor competition.
- Examine competitors’ standards development investments and identify new standards initiatives to maintain leading positions in standards development.
Patent portfolio managers
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your SEP portfolios and benchmark it against your competitors.
- Measure and track your market share for standards such as 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi, video codec (HEVC/VVC), and many more.
- Support keeps/kills decisions to further develop your SEP portfolio.
Licensing executives & Dealmakers
- Value your SEP portfolio to weed out ‘weaker’ patents, focusing resources on higher-ranked patents.
- Find gold nuggets in your portfolio to identify patents to license or sell.
- Monitor the market and track ownership changes and litigation trends.
- Value and determine SEP portfolios offered for license. Prepare for FRAND negotiation and identify the numerator and denominator to measure patent holders’ market share.
- Identify standards subject to SEPs in the complex product value chain of suppliers.
- Monitor SEP filing, SEP change of ownership, and litigation to quantify risks and plan royalty payments.
- Identify industry-related (e.g. V2X, NB-IoT, M2M) standards initiatives to have a seat at the table when future connectivity technology is developed.
Licensing managers & Legal divisions
- Identify the market share of patents offered for licensing-in technologies.
- Get access to objective data to consider for FRAND preparation, negotiations, and argument formulation.
- Understand if the offered SEP portfolio is “essential”.
Strategic IP attorneys
- Identify SEPs that are relevant to your products.
- Identify leading patent owners and share of patents licensed in patent pools.
- Understand the risk to be litigated in your market.
Learn More about the world of SEPs
Who is Leading the 5G Patent Race?
In this on-demand webinar our experts have a wide-ranging conversation about who is leading the 5G patent race.
The All-New Semantic Essentiality Score is Here! A Redefined Approach to Determining Patent Essentiality
The Semantic Essentiality Score (SES) is your guide to determining essentiality for individual patents or entire portfolios.
SEP Litigation Trends: What Does the Data Say?
This report is an analysis of recent SEP litigation trends including who drives the litigation and which are the most litigated standards.
Empowering SEP Analysts With Insights: Unveiling the Ultimate Owner Concept in LexisNexis IPlytics
LexisNexis® IPlytics has unveiled the Ultimate Owner Concept which will empower SEP analysts and stakeholders with essential insights.
The SEP Couch Podcast
Get the latest on current topics related to standard essential patents (SEPs), including FRAND, licensing, litigation, dealmaking, policy, regulation, and general market trends where SEPs are important.
The Art of SEP Claim Drafting – Episode 24
SEP claim drafting is more complex as the language used in an invention disclosure may be different than that used in a standards document.
IP Europe’s Take on FRAND – Episode 23
In this podcast Patrick McCutcheon, the Managing Director of IP Europe, discusses IP Europe’s take on FRAND.
SEPs and the Law in Brazil – Episode 22
In this podcast Otto Licks and Roberto Rodrigues discuss their experiences with SEPs and the law in Brazil.
SEP Portfolio Management – Episode 21
The patent portfolio life cycle management approached demonstrates that SEP portfolio management is not about the life cycle of one patent.