Insights From A Conversation With the USPTO Commissioner For Patents
By Megan McLoughlin, Director Product Management, LexisNexis® Intellectual Property
The following are my top takeaways from the discussion, including hot issues affecting the Office, quality assurance, patent examination policy, using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and much more.
1. The Application Process is a Partnership
2. When the USPTO Makes Panel Decisions and Delivers Guidance, it Does Not Chase Individual Cases
3. The Commissioner For Patents Office Wants to Hear From People
The processes at the USPTO are not behind a veiled curtain. Commissioner for patents Hirshfeld encourages applicants and attorneys to reach out to him to help him get insight into what people need and what needs fixing.
4. The Office Has Made Great Strides In Modernizing Its Technology
5. The Commissioner For Patents Office is Continually Adjusting Its Training and Review Processes
To get more details, including insights on new developments into how the Office of the commissioner for patents is categorizing patent review errors, access to the Master Review Forms used to strengthen compliance across the organization, and more, you can watch the entire webinar here.