Quickly and Objectively Evaluate Patent Prosecution Performance
Better understand the performance of a law firm or company and how they stack up to the competition with PatentAdvisor™ Business Development & Analysis.
Show clients why your firm should be their strategic IP partner
Use reports that include reliable comparisons of law firms to prove why your firm is best suited for your prospect’s specific prosecution needs. The report takes examiner difficulty out of the equation and scores purely for law firm efficiency with the proprietary PatentAdvisor™ Efficiency Score.
Leverage industry-leading data to:
- Compare and benchmark your firm’s prosecution performance against that of your competition.
- Get metrics based on an objective prosecution performance as opposed to examiner efficiency.
- Take examiner difficulty out of the equation and score purely for efficiency based on the proprietary PatentAdvisor™ Efficiency Score.
“Being so much better informed and having these extra pieces of information—that’s huge. That can be the difference between getting a client or not getting the client.”
Beyond allowance rate: Get a more meaningful measure of prosecution performance with the PatentAdvisor Efficiency Score
By accounting for the variability of examiner complexity at the USPTO, the PatentAdvisor Efficiency Score gives you a better understanding of how successful the prosecution paths of your patents have been.
The score uses a proprietary formula that:
- Measures examiners for complexity based on different application process actions
- Scores the efficiency of each patented and abandoned application based on the difficulty of the assigned examiner (for example, did an application have a less-than-average number of office actions with a typically tough examiner?)
- Then averages application efficiency scores for law firms and corporations
The Efficiency Score provides a more robust metric than allowance rate that enables you to further benchmark in-house and outside counsel.
Find the best outside counsel for your IP strategy
Quickly discover law firms with above-average patent prosecution performance and better evaluate your company’s outside counsels using the Law Firm Report Card and Outside Counsel Evaluation as part of the PatentAdvisor™ Business Development and Analysis reports.
Leverage industry-leading data to:
- Find the best outside counsel for your company
- Get insight to support strategy for future partnerships
- Support cost savings analyses
- Adjust outside counsel guidelines
The Outside Counsel Evaluation report enables you to compare critical prosecution metrics, such as Time to Allowance and average number of office actions for multiple law firms.
“Not only can we look at our performance outcomes for each outside counsel, but we can also use PatentAdvisor to benchmark these results against the performance outcomes our outside counsel provides to their other clients. This comparison has helped us adjust our outside counsel guidelines.”
Start benefiting from reliable prosecution performance evaluations
PatentAdvisor™ Benchmarking Reports
The real-time, fully customizable PatentAdvisor Benchmarking Reports provide reliable comparisons of law firms and corporations.
Patent Analytics for Predictions, Performance and Evaluations
Sophisticated patent analytics enable users to make accurate predictions about patent examiner behavior and conduct performance evaluations.
Objectively Measure Patent Prosecution Performance by Normalizing for Examiner Difficulty
The PatentAdvisor™ Efficiency Score is the ultimate tool to measure patent prosecution performance by scoring examiners purely for efficiency.
Trends in Patent Prosecution: Don’t Get Left Behind
Learn the trends in patent prosecution to get valuable insight to drive strategy throughout the prosecution process.